Saturday 13 April 2013

The strength to forgive

Was watching the news yesterday............an interview...........

This lady talking about how she gathered the strength in her to forgive her parents' killer..............her parents were killed when she was only 6 years old..............she not only forgave him.... she even went from pillar to post with his father to get him released.

How?? How can anyone find it in their heart to forgive?............to forgive one's parents' killer??

I felt it was sheer courage............a big heart.........a forgiving heart.

Thought back to my own experiences..........wow!!! Just realised it was so easy to carry around a grudge!!!

A bad word someone spoke against me............"Can never forget such words!"
An act done "purposely" which made me get angry..........."will never forgive that person!"
Negativity in another person..............."can never speak to him/her again!"

thought back to each of those "acts" those "words" ............seemed not just insignificant, they seemed absolutely petty!!!

It was actually so cheap of me for having held on to so much of negativity...........bad thoughts...........anger.........

The meaningless nature of it suddenly hit me.....

It was only I who was getting affected with all this negativity!!! so why carry it around??

May take a lot of time to forgive everyone on my "list".....but it didnt hurt to want to start........

To forgive.............an act of supreme courage.............definitely not cowardliness.....something which the lesser mortal would never be able to do....

so.... from that higher moral ground.... I sign off for the day!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment